Lockheed Martin is a U.S. publicly traded global security and aerospace company headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, that is principally engaged in research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. Our mission is to solve complex challenges, advance scientific discovery and deliver innovative solutions to help our customers keep people safe. Our primary customers are U.S. and allied government agencies. In 2020, we employed approximately 114,000 people worldwide and generated net sales of $65.4 billion. We own or lease building space at approximately 50 locations primarily in the United States and manage or occupy approximately 22 government-owned facilities under lease and other arrangements.
Propelled by Principle
Lockheed Martin develops innovative technology that enables the growth, resiliency and security of societies around the world. We develop these engineering solutions while upholding our Core Values to Do What’s Right, Respect Others and Perform with Excellence. This is why Lockheed Martin has chosen the theme of “Propelled by Principle” to describe our sustainability approach. We are committed to principles described throughout this report such as integrity, high ethical business standards, workplace safety, employee diversity and inclusion (D&I), community engagement and product and service safety and quality. Our principles guide us as we address complex, global challenges and propel a brighter future.
2020 Business Impact
Countries With 200+ Employees
 A percentage of 2020 Net Sales.
 Either as a prime contractor or as a subcontractor.
 Including foreign military sales (FMS) contracted through the U.S. Government.
 As of December 31, 2020. United States data includes US expatriates who are working overseas and does not include contract workers, interns, or employees of certain subsidiaries or joint ventures. All other country data includes local country nationals.
Our Business Areas
We have four Business Areas dedicated to specific products and services.
- Aeronautics $26.3B, 40%: Engages in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, sustainment, support and upgrade of advanced military aircraft including combat and air mobility aircraft, unmanned air vehicles and related technologies.
- Missiles and Fire Control $11.3B, 17%: Provides air and missile defense systems; tactical missiles and air-to-ground precision strike weapon systems; logistics; fire control systems; mission operations support, readiness, engineering support and integration services; manned and unmanned ground vehicles; and energy management solutions.
- Rotary and Mission Systems $16.0B, 25%: Designs, manufactures, services and supports various military and commercial helicopters, surface ships, sea and land-based missile defense systems, radar systems, sea and air-based mission and combat systems, command and control mission solutions, cyber solutions and simulation and training services.
- Space $11.9B, 18%: Engages in the research, design, development, engineering and production of satellites, space transportation systems and strategic, advanced strike and defensive systems. This Business Area provides network-enabled situational awareness and integrates complex space and ground global systems to help our customers gather, analyze and securely distribute critical intelligence data. Space is also responsible for various classified systems and services in support of vital national security systems.
Dow Jones Sustainability Index: World and U.S. Index
Fortune: World’s Most Admired Companies
- 1st of Aerospace & Defense companies for second consecutive year
- 1st in Workers & Shareholders categories
- #53 overall
WilsonHCG: Top 100 Employment Brand
CDP: CDP Climate A List
Contractor Safety and Health Forum: Safety and Health Excellence Award
Environment and Energy Leader: Environment and Energy Leader Top Project of the Year 2020 Awards for 2 projects
U.S. Department of Energy: Better Buildings, Better Plants Challenge Partner
U.S. EPA ENERGY STAR:
- ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, second consecutive year
- ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry Achiever
U.S. Green Building Council: LEED Certification at MFC Orlando SouthPark Center (ID+C Gold)
Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency:
- 2019 DCSA Excellence in Counterintelligence Award
James S. Cogswell Outstanding Industrial Security Achievement Award, 10 awards total
Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA): “Very Good” rating for small business performance on DoD contracts
Defense News: #1 in the Top 100
Defence Connect: Australian Defence Industry Awards — Graduate Program of the Year
Disability:IN: Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion
- America’s Best Employers for Diversity
- America’s Best Employers by State in 12 states
- Best Employers for Diversity
- Best Employer for New Graduates
- America’s Best Employer for Women
- America’s Best Employer for Veterans
Human Rights Campaign: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
MilitaryTimes: Best for Vets Employers
National Organization on Disability: Leading Disability Employer
Out in Stem: Strategic Alliance Award
PotentialPark: Most Talent Friendly Employers
Society of Women Engineers: WE Local Award for Diversity & Inclusion Partner — Lockheed Martin Women's Impact Network (WIN) Business Resource Group
Space Generation Advisory Council: 2020 SpaceGen Ambassador Award
The Talent Board: North American CandE Awards Winners, eighth consecutive year
US Black Engineer Magazine: #1 Top Supporter of HBCUs
- U.S. Most Attractive Employers for Business
- Most Attractive Employers for Engineering
- Most Attractive Employers for Computer Science
- Most Attractive Employers for Natural Science
- U.S. Most Attractive Employers for Natural Science
- U.S. Most Attractive Employers for Humanities/Liberal Arts/Education
Women Engineer Magazine: Top 50 Employers, ranked #2 for a second consecutive year